Reforestation Field Assistant
TreeFolks is seeking a temporary Reforestation Field Assistant to support the Trees for the Blanco program, which replants properties affected by the 2015 Memorial Day Weekend Floods on the Blanco River. This position will assist the Reforestation Coordinator in obtaining survival study data and preparing private properties for tree planting. The majority of the work will be conducted in the Wimberley area, with some office time at the Texas State campus in San Marcos. This is a temporary position working 40 hours per week and will begin as soon as a suitable candidate is selected. The approximate end date will be March 30, 2018. This position reports directly to the Reforestation Manager.
TreeFolks empowers Central Texans to build stronger communities through planting and caring for trees. In its 25 year history, TreeFolks has facilitated the planting of more than 2 million trees to shade urban streets, beautify neighborhoods, clean air and water, and reforest the Lost Pines in Bastrop County.
- Assisting in landowner site visits to identify planting boundaries and create a tree planting plan for properties receiving reforestation services
- Using GPS to mark property boundaries with flagging tape
- Collecting field data from quality control plots to identify the number of trees survived
- Directing planting crews to properties and monitoring the crews to ensure the use of proper planting techniques
- Assisting with special events as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to work in rough terrain
- Ability to contribute and work as a team member
- Maintain driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation to TreeFolks’ office
- Ability to contribute and work as a team member within the organization
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: $15 per hour, no benefits
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. No phone calls.