Tree Care Event at Teri Road Baptist Church
TreeFolks planted 23 5-gallon trees at a site in Austin in October 2021 as part of a project to increase urban canopy equity. Austin has experienced a 25% reduction in tree canopy cover over the past 30 years due to rapid urban growth, which is disproportionately affecting vulnerable communities in the eastern crescent of the city. The Franklin Park neighborhood of 78744, where the trees were planted, has a low level of tree canopy cover, a high percentage of people of color, and residents living in poverty. A tree care and mulching workday is needed to help retain moisture around roots, prevent weed growth, and protect the trees from extreme temperatures, and volunteers will be performing these tasks.
Meeting Point: Volunteers will meet in front of the church.
Please remember to:
- Sturdy closed-toe shoes or boots with good traction.
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts to protect your skin from scratches and insect bites.
- Layers of clothing appropriate for the weather conditions.
- A hat or cap to protect your head and face from the sun.
- A reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Snacks if you’re a snack-y person
- A positive attitude
If you registered for the event and have to cancel, please get in touch with email@example.com
Thank you to One Tree Planted for sponsoring this event. We look forward to seeing you there!