Become a TreeFolk
Would you like a job where you work to bring people and trees together? TreeFolks is a fun, professional workplace full of folks who love trees. We post our seasonal positions in late Summer and post our regular positions as they come available.
We offer internships for year-round specific projects. If you are a student but don’t see an internship for your skill set below, please email email@example.com to inquire about alternative projects with your cover letter and resume. These internships are unpaid but are applicable for course credit.
If you have a particular skill set, or would just like to plant some trees, visit our volunteer page for more opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in working with TreeFolks!
TreeFolks Major Gifts Officer Position Description
TreeFolks is seeking a Major Gifts Officer with an outgoing personality, love of people, and one who will bring a passion for the environment to our growing nonprofit. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Major Gifts Officer will spearhead major donor development efforts as TreeFolks continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Major Gifts Officer will have the opportunity to build upon the work of the Development Department and cultivate its growth. This is a full-time position with benefits. Some evening and weekend work required, particularly in the spring and fall.
TreeFolks empowers Central Texans to build stronger communities through planting and caring for trees. In its 30 year history, TreeFolks has facilitated the planting of more than 2.8 million trees to shade urban streets, beautify neighborhoods, clean air, and water, and reforest Central Texas after natural disasters such as the Bastrop County fires and the Blanco River Memorial Day Floods.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and execute TreeFolks’ annual fundraising plan, identifying potential revenue sources and continue to cultivate current major donors to support the organization’s mission
- Responsible for building major gift pipeline, working closely with the fund development committee and ED to determine best solicitation plan and moves management for leadership prospects
- Lead the fund development committee and facilitate monthly meetings
- Maintain up-to-date records through Salesforce CRM for all fundraising and donor activities
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and corporate sponsors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- In coordination with the ED and development committee, manage all aspects of the annual Root Ball fundraising event
- Serve as TreeFolks’ primary point of contact for EarthShare’s workplace giving campaign
- Work with community manager to create meaningful engagement, cultivation, and stewardship opportunities for prospects, donors, and volunteers
- Keep informed of new information regarding research findings, issues, trends and needs as related to fundraising methodologies
- Assist the Operations Director with grants management as needed
- Assure TreeFolks and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive manner
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising or related
- An appreciation for the environment and trees
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM software preferred
- Ability to lead and maintain cultivation of major donor prospects
- Ability to communicate clearly through written correspondence
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work with a wide array of personality types and community partners
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work some Saturdays and occasional evening meetings
- Maintain a Texas driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to contribute and work as a team member within the organization
Application Deadline: open until filled
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. No phone calls.