Become a TreeFolk
Would you like a job where you work to bring people and trees together? TreeFolks is a fun, professional workplace full of folks who love trees. We post our seasonal positions in late Summer and post our regular positions as they come available.
We offer internships for year-round specific projects. If you are a student but don’t see an internship for your skill set below, please email email@example.com to inquire about alternative projects with your cover letter and resume. These internships are unpaid but are applicable for course credit.
If you have a particular skill set, or would just like to plant some trees, visit our volunteer page for more opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in working with TreeFolks!
NeighborWoods Seasonal Assistant
Treefolks is seeking two seasonal assistants to join our small team in delivering free trees to Austin residents and help communities beautiful and preserve their neighborhoods. This seasonal position engages in meaningful and varied work, exposes individuals to non-profit programs, and at $15 per hour, pays a livable wage.
TreeFolks empowers Central Texans to build stronger communities through planting and caring for trees. In its thirty year history, TreeFolks has facilitated the planting of more than two million trees. These trees shade streets, beautify neighborhoods, clean air and water, and mitigate the urban heat island effect.
- Pick up and deliver trees using the TreeFolks truck and large box trailer
- Respond to program requests via phone and email
- Care for and organize the trees at the on-site nursery
- Collect tree survival data by email, phone, and site visits
- Assist with special community planting events and adoption events as needed
- Maintain a database of tree requests and deliveries
- Other duties as requested
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintain a valid Texas driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs for several hours in all weather conditions
- Proficiency with computers including the Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with mapping and or database software
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish
- General knowledge and interest in trees
- Experience driving a truck and trailer
- Customer service experience
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2020
Position Dates: As early as September 1st, 2020 – March 31st, 2021
Reports to: NeighborWoods Coordinator
Compensation: $15 per hour, 40 hours per week variable schedule
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
TreeFolks is a local nonprofit that empowers Central Texans to build stronger communities through planting and caring for trees. This year, we’re celebrating our 30th anniversary in Austin and have begun preparations for extensive growth as we plan to launch our Million Trees and Counting Campaign. As TreeFolks’ Development and Marketing Intern, you would support the planning and advancement of the organization through communications and community engagement.
Brief description of project and associated tasks:
- Researching and maintaining a database of potential corporate sponsors and partnerships
- Writing content to support creative for social media platforms
- Contributing to newsletter content
- Keep track of social media and website analytics
- Support event scheduling, coordination, and promotion
- Assisting with tabling at events and attending volunteer engagements
- Help to facilitate development practices
- Assist with the creation of promotional materials
Preferred Qualifications (if any):
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and familiarity with analytics tracking
- Impeccable grammatical, spelling, and proofreading abilities
- Effective communicator – both written and oral
- Comprehension of social media marketing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to define and work against deadlines
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the organization
Although this is an unpaid internship, you will be introduced to TreeFolks’ professional network, which includes local governments, school districts, civic organizations and private corporations and businesses. We ask that interns dedicate themselves to fulfill the entire intern period beginning in September and ending in December.
September – December 2019 With potential for extension into Spring.
10-15 hours weekly
Preferred days: Tuesday- Friday & Saturdays (with flexibility)
To apply, send a letter of interest and your resume directly to Margot and Tori (see addresses below).
Points of Contact:
- Major Gifts Officer, Margot Piper. email@example.com
Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Tori Bloom. firstname.lastname@example.org